Monday, October 20, 2008

The Smallest House in Toronto

This weekend I took a little detour... to the smallest house in Toronto - on 128 Day Avenue near Dufferin & Rogers in the former City of York. The house is so small in fact, that you can hardly see it on Googlemaps.



It's sorta kinda near where I grew up so I used to stop by every once in a while. But I had no idea it was so famous. It was on the market for a while in the winter and I guess everybody was in a frenzy about it.

The house has a website. A tribute song. Neatorama has a post on the history of the petit dwelling. And Ellen Degeneres did a whole bit about it on her show - watch the clip here.

Photocredit: Moi

1 comment:

  1. $173,000.00......i guess that is cheaper then a condo and you do have a backyard.

    It is actually pretty nice inside. For one person it could be cute but for a family of 4! That is crazy.

    I think I would knock out all the walls and just lame it into a bachelor.

    Was there a shower anywhere? It was the one thing you never saw

    ReplyDelete

Oh, be nice...