Friday, March 27, 2009

Trailer Park: Where the Wild Things Are

Just in case you haven't watched this yet, watch it. [high quality or YouTube].

It's nice to have a movie on the horizon to get excited about. October 16 2009 - circle your calendars.

Apparently it's been in different stages of filming since 2006 and was originally supposed to come out in May 2008. Leading up to that Maurice Sendak personally approached Spike Jonze to direct before sometime before 2000.

Another interesting rumor is that co-screenwriter Dave Eggers is also writing a novel[ization] that will accompany the release of the film.


2 comments:

  1. this trailer makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside like when I was little and I would eat potatoe chips out of my own little bowl on the couch wrapped up in a blanket watching the goonies

    thank god there is no CGI and thank god mark ruffalo made it in as what looks like the sexy father (now that is a whole different type of warm fuzzies)

    wooo hooo for summer blockbusters with heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh wait I guess that is fall blockbusters with heart

    I can't wait until October...I guess it will be a good birthday treat!

    ReplyDelete

Oh, be nice...