Friday, August 15, 2008

Antidotes: Life Without Garfield

Your life suck?

Well, Dan Walsh has the perfect distraction/commiseration for you.

Garfield Minus Garfield

The concept is simple, yet genius. Everyday he posts a Garfield comic strip, but he removes all the panels of that gluttonous, sarcastic fuck. All that's left is the cat's owner, Jon Arbuckle, and his sad and hilarious existence:

It is a journey deep into the mind of an isolated young everyman as he fights a losing battle against loneliness and depression in a quiet American suburb.



The site is so popular that Garfield's publishers are planning a book and Garfield's creator Jim Davis has given the site a gracious stamp of approval. Read what he said on Walsh's blog.

So if you're feeling a bit down at work or whatever, then make a quick li'l visit to Garfield minus Garfield and you might not feel as bad about your pitiful existence.

Go Internet!


2 comments:

  1. yes yes! I love it, it depresses me, it amazes me...I was always so turned off by Garfield himself I didn't see how interesting Jon was.
    Sorry for all the comments, I have to kill half an hour or I am going to lose my mind. Nobody else is commenting. I'm actually just looking for that timeline thing - I know someone looking for a timeline program - but the rest is interesting & I just can't keep my mouth (or fingers) shut sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snowmen Have Powers!
    http://www.mezzacotta.net/garfield/?comic=913

    ReplyDelete

Oh, be nice...